AAM Competition Q50 & Q60 Front Mount Heat Exchanger
AAM Competition Q50 & Q60 Front Mount Heat Exchanger
The AAM Competition Infiniti Q50 & Q60 Front Mount Heat Exchanger combines cutting-edge performance and impeccable styling all in one package. It is the first and only front mount heat exchanger available for the Infiniti Q50 and Q60. The Infiniti VR30DDTT motor equipped in the Q50 and Q60 is a great performer. Adding an AAM Competition Front Mount Heat Exchanger unleashes peak performance from your vehicle’s cooling system.
For the entire month of February, please enjoy a 20% discount on the AAM Competition Q50/Q60 Front Mount Heat Exchanger. We currently have this product in stock and ready to ship out! Sale ends February 28th, 2023.
Another leading benefit of the AAM Competition Q50 & Q60 Front Mount Heat Exchanger is that it retains the factory heat exchanger (most all other aftermarket heat exchangers mount in the same location as the factory heat exchanger, requiring the factory heat exchanger to be removed). Running both the new AAM Competition Q50 & Q60 Front Mound Heat Exchanger and the factory heat exchanger exponentially increasing the cooling capacity of the heat exchanger system on the Infiniti Q50 and Q60. Making this the ultimate setup when it comes to maximum cooling!
How it works:
The OEM Q50 & Q60 heat exchangers are incredibly small. They lack the ability to effectively cool the engine, leading to critically high motor temperatures. High temperatures decrease power output, robbing the driver of responsiveness, power, reliability, and thrill. A front mount heat exchanger increases airflow by placing the exchanger core outside of the engine bay, right behind the grill of the car. This allows for much higher airflow across a much larger surface area, significantly lowering engine temperatures in any weather. Secondary benefits include lower engine bay temperatures, which can positively affect intake temperatures, intake pressures, and electrical component reliability by reducing thermal fluctuations and heat cycling.
Design and features:
Don’t let the new look fool you: the AAM Competition Front Mount Heat Exchanger is a true workhorse. Developed in-house using the latest 3D CAD and 3D scanning technology, it combines tried-and-true theory with state of the art engineering. The heat exchanger core increases surface area by 200% and thickness by 253% over the OEM core. Built into the heat exchanger core are top and bottom bleeder screws for quick and easy bleeding and draining, both possible without removing the heat exchanger or hoses. This design makes maintenance even more of a breeze. Both of the lightweight brackets are laser cut, anodized in a sleek black, and can be adjusted for your perfect fitment.
AAM Competition Q50 & Q60 Front Mount Heat Exchanger vs. Factory Heat Exchanger
Why is this upgrade beneficial for both stock and heavily modified Infiniti Q50 & Q60's? Most vehicles have traditionally used an air-to-air intercooler to cool the hot air produced by the turbochargers before this hot air enters the engine. Hot air is not only bad for an engine (hot air drastically increases the potential of detonation - bad explosions - in an engine), hot air also significantly reduces the power output of an engine. The cooler the intake air entering the engine, the more power the engine will make.
When Infiniti created the VR30TT engine, it decided to use a water-to-air intercooler located directly on top of the engine. By utilizing a water-to-air intercooler Infiniti was able to reduce costs and make the packaging of the engine and its turbochargers very efficient by eliminating a lot of "intercooler" piping that would have been necessary to get the air from the turbocharger, to the front of the vehicle where an air-to-air intercooler would be located, and then back to the engine. It is common to have a total of 10+ feet of intercooler piping that air travels through in a vehicle with an air-to-air intercooler. With the water-to-air intercooler in the Infiniti Q50 & Q60, the air coming out of the turbochargers almost instantly feeds into the water-to-air intercooler where the air is cooled, and then the air nearly instantly (within inches) is feed into the engine. This reduction in piping allows the car to have essentially no "turbo lag" for instant engine power and response.
How does a water-to-air intercooler cool itself? A water-to-air intercooler needs cool fluid to pass through the "water" side of the intercooler to keep the intercooler cool. A water-to-air intercooler uses an electric water pump to circulate fluid from the water-to-air intercooler to a heat exchanger. The heat exchanger is basically a "revers" water-to-air intercooler. The factory heat exchanger is located at the front of the vehicle where cooler outside air passes through the heat exchanger, and this outside air cools the heat exchanger. The fluid runs through the heat exchanger (similar to how a radiator works). The fluid, once it passes through the heat exchanger, is "cooled" and makes it was back to the water-to-air intercooler. This "cooled" fluid now become the mechanism that cools the water-to-air intercooler. So when the air from the turbocharger passes through the water-to-air intercooler the air will now be cooled.
What happens when a water-to-air intercooler is not properly cooled? Without cool fluid passing through the "water" portion of the water-to-air intercooler, the air portion of the intercooler would not cool the hot air passing through it from the turbochargers. This hot air would not only then make its way to the engine, this hot air would itself increase the temperature of the water-to-air intercooler creating what is referred to as "heat soak". Once a water-to-air intercooler is heat soaked not only does the engine receive air that is too hot, the fluid in the water-to-air intercooler can boil. This boiling will create air pockets in the water system that will then cause the electric water pump to fail.
The downfall of a water-to-air system is as follows - it is much harder to keep a water-to-air intercooler cool when it is located inside the engine bay vs. an air-to-air intercooler which is located outside of the engine bay at the very front of the vehicle. The factory Q50/Q60 heat exchanger is undersized (very small pursuant to the power capabilities of even the stock Q50 & Q60). So when the Q50 & Q60 is driven quickly the factory heat exchanger becomes heat soaked, and this is why there is a high failure rate of the factory electric water pump.
Solution - Upgrading the factory heat exchanger with a higher capacity, better designed for performance heat exchanger.
With extensive testing, we found that the factory Infiniti heat exchanger not only does a bad job of cooling, it also restricts coolant flow. This slows the flow of fluid though the water-to-air intercooler, which reduces the cooling of the air going to your engine, and make the factory electric water pump work harder. Significantly increasing the internal tube area in the AAM Competition Infiniti Q50 Q60 High Capacity Heat Exchanger allows the system to run at lower pressure. This lower pressure allows the water pump to operate under less stress and therefore increases its long-term reliability.
In addition, our heat exchanger features an all-aluminum, TIG-welded construction for improved durability, as well as a captive bleeder valve to help with installation
- Unlocks peak performance from the vehicle's cooling system
- Retains the factory heat exchanger, increasing the cooling capacity of the heat exchanger system
- Lowers engine temperatures by allowing for higher airflow across a larger surface area
- Enhances power output, responsiveness, reliability and thrill of the engine
- Improved engine bay temperatures that affect intake temperatures, intake pressures, and electrical component reliability
- Low maintenance due to the design of the heat exchanger core
- Lightweight and adjustable brackets for perfect fitment
- Cooler intake air entering the engine increases engine power
- Improved engine response with reduced turbo lag
- Properly cools the water-to-air intercooler for efficient air cooling.
- First and only front mount heat exchanger available for the Infiniti Q50 and Q60.
- Retains the factory heat exchanger, increasing the cooling capacity of the heat exchanger system.
- Significantly lowers engine temperatures by increasing airflow through a larger surface area.
- Reduces thermal fluctuations and heat cycling, positively affecting intake temperatures, intake pressures, and electrical component reliability.
- 200% increase in surface area and 253% increase in thickness over OEM core.
- Top and bottom bleeder screws for quick and easy bleeding and draining.
- Lightweight laser-cut and anodized black brackets that can be adjusted for fitment.
- 3D CAD and 3D scanning technology used for development.
- Uses a water-to-air intercooler for efficient cooling and reduced turbo lag.
- Water-to-air intercooler cooled by an electric water pump and a heat exchanger that circulates fluid.
- 2015 to 2023 INFINITI Q50 3.0t (all versions - 3.0t, Pure, Lux, Sport, Red Sport, Sensory, Signature Edition)
- 2016 to 2023 INFINITI Q60 3.0t, (pure, Lux, Sport, Red Sport)
- Special Fitment note: This installation permanently modifies portions of the vehicle. Fitment of this kit on Q50S/Q60S and Q50/Q60 Red Sport models requires the Zero-lift front splitter to be removed. Doing so will cause an engine code that must be reset by a mechanic, dealership or via EcuTek tuning.
AAM Competition is now offering flexible ways to BUY NOW and PAY LATER. Your credit score is NOT effected when you check your eligibility. No prepayment fees and your first payment is due 30 days AFTER checkout. Easy monthly payments over 3, 6, 12 or 24 months. Look for the silver financing button located directly below ADD TO CART and BUY NOW. Financing is currently available on all AAM Competition products. For further information, please visit our financing page.
If you have a question about this product, message us through our Contact Page. Our staff is ready and available to help you select the right product or products for your car!
Recently Sold Q50/Q60 Products
|Hose Color||Black or Blue or Red|
To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press and then Add to Home Screen.